Friday, February 22, 2013

Regret

People say you shouldn't regret things; you should accept and learn from them. While I do agree that acceptance is important, I can't say I don't have any regrets. If fact, I have many. We don't always make the right decisions. There are times we hold onto things that are better let go. Often we hurt others in selfishness. We get lost down destructive paths and often feel stuck. The good part is, it seems we always make it out. We may have learned from the past; however, that doesn't mean we don't wish we would have chosen something different for ourselves.

I read an article on the "Marc and Angel Hack Life" blog titled "10 Choices You Will Regret in 10 Years." As I read, I had those "if I knew then what I know now" moments. Here's a few of them highlighted:

1. Wearing a mask to impress others. Who hasn't done this? The desire to fit in is overwhelming. We want others to like us, so we do what pleases them. In turn, we lose sight of what makes ourselves happy.

3. Keeping negative company. We have all been around those people that have nothing good to say. They complain, complain, complain. Negativity is so contagious, and it is nothing that I want to be known for; therefore, I strategically find people that lift me up. Attitude makes all the difference in the world.

5. Avoiding change and growth. Yes, these can be scary. The beginning of change is hard, but as soon as it all starts to sink in, there is nothing better than feeling a sense of accomplishment. There comes a time when you can look back and be proud of how far you have come.

7. Trying to micromanage everything. You only can control what you do. There is no sense fretting about anything else. Period.

8. Settling for less than what you deserve. Why do we settle for contentment, for what is easy? Set your standards high.

9. Endlessly waiting for tomorrow. Life is meant to be lived in the present.

10. Being lazy and wish-washy. Take control of your life. Make decisions. Be proactive, and give back.

Life is good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment