Thursday, April 2, 2015

Reasons Our Plans Don't Work Out

It's frustrating when the plans in our head don't turn out the way we planned. These disruptions can even leave us anxious. Over the past few years, I've come to realize that the twenties are full of disrupted plans. As we graduate from college and begin to make our mark on the world, we have ideas about being successful, having a disposable income, and a thriving social life. What we don't think about are all of the trials that we are about to embrace. 

One of the reasons our plans don't work out is because we don't plan for trials. Upon my college graduation, I didn't think about financial issues, struggles finding the right career, or breakups with boyfriends. Those things simply weren't a part of my plan for obvious reasons. I'm not suggesting that we include adversities in our life plans, but I do think we need to be realistic when things pop up. Not only do we need to learn to be okay with them, we need to be thankful for them. There are reasons our plans are disrupted, mainly because it's not about our plan; it's about God's plan. Especially as we live out this Passion Week in the Christian church, we are reminded that God has the final say. Simply put, His plans are greater than ours. 


Just this morning, my devotional (Jesus Calling) read, "Thank me for troublesome situations; the peace they can produce far outweighs the trials you endure." These words couldn't be more true. Finding peace during the storms grows up closer to God, which as Christians, is our ultimate goal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment