Friday, May 1, 2015

Soak It In

Currently, I have my "prep" at the beginning of the day. Seeing as I am a morning person, this has been working out quite well. In fact, I feel like I've been really productive already today!

Fridays have such a different feel. It's a little more relaxed and people tend to be in a better mood (obviously). This morning, a senior came in and asked me to look over his speech that he's preparing for the graduation ceremony. After finishing up some work, I read through it. He referenced a song by John Michael Montgomery called "Life's a Dance." I played it as I read though his thoughts. I had one of those moments where I thought, "How did I get so lucky to have this job?" I stopped, looked around because remembering to soak it all in is really important in teaching. The slower pace of most Fridays allow for this. This time of year can be kind of hectic, but for seniors, it can also be nostalgic. While most of them want to be done, I try to remind them to soak it in because these days won't happen again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment