Friday, June 6, 2014

Do What Makes You Happy



I feel the happiest when: 

1. I'm active. I hate feeling lazy, and I like to be on the move. My health and well-being are very important to me; therefore, when I living a healthy lifestyle, I'm happy.

2. I'm around people. I know it's important to have alone time, and there are times when it is much needed. However, I love talking and interacting with others. It especially makes me happy when I find time for someone I haven't seen in a while. It's always so rewarding to leave a great conversation with a smile. 

3. I've had enough sleep. Isn't this true for everyone? Not only does lack of sleep make me crabby, it also leads to unproductively. I hate spending a whole day tired; it feels like a waste. Waking up from a good night's sleep and feeling rested is the best way to start a day.

4. I eat well. This ties right into number one, but it is very important to me. I read once, "If you eat crap, you feel like crap." Yep, I couldn't agree more. Eating whole foods to fuel me leaves me energized and happy. 

5. I finish a good book. I always go through a range of emotions when I complete a book, but mostly I feel accomplished. Even if it is short, I still feel great. The only downfall is that I feel like I'm divorcing the characters. Am I the only one who feels like they are my best friends when I'm finished?

6. I'm in the sun. I'm solar-powered. Enough said. 

7. I'm teaching. If you haven't figured out yet, I love my job. I love being around kids, and I am so proud to say I'm a teacher. 

Here's what my question is today: Why don't we do more of what makes us happy? Does life have to be that complicated? Doesn't that make the most sense? (I guess that's more than one question.)

Do more of what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment