Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Disappointments as Appointments

The first week of summer is supposed to be awesome, right? Everyone is excited, making plans, enjoying the beautiful weather. After my half marathon, I thought I would be able to do all of these things. I would start a new workout plan, start tackling all of the cleaning, schedule appointments, and cross things off of my to-do list. I had a perfect vision of what my summer would look like. Instead of all of this, I ran into a few roadblocks. I’ve been feeling tired and, quite frankly, a little lost.

After running unnecessary errands and walking around my apartment for the past two days, it hit me. It’s summer, which means my schedule isn’t going to be the same. I know, I know, this shouldn’t be a huge epiphany. Yet for some reason, it took a couple of disappointing days for me to see the beauty of summer break. I can sleep in (hopefully until 8:00), stay up late (hopefully past 10:00), enjoy taking 2 hours to get ready for the day, spend some time writing and working on curriculum (in my favorite coffee shops), and travel to see friends and family. What I don’t necessarily need is a down-to-the-minute schedule.


This summer, I’m looking forward to doing things that I enjoy. The way I had it all planned out in my head is turning to be a little different, and at first, I was a little disappointing, but those disappointments soon turned into appointments with God, allowing Him to tell me to chill out and enjoy summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment