Friday, February 3, 2012

Drop Crotch


I’m not sure if y’all have been noticing men’s fashion trends lately. While I have not been shopping in the men’s department at Von Maur, I do read about fashion trends quite a bit.

Recently “The Today Show” did a piece about the evolution of men’s fashion. It is seemingly more acceptable for men to focus on their look - to look a little "metro". 

As I was watching the piece, I realized that one almost needs a separate dictionary just for the world of men’s fashion.

Murse: the male purse


Mandals: men’s sandals


Mankini: a male bikini (gross)



Clearly if you add a masculine “m” on the beginning of a word, it becomes a part of men’s fashion.

The latest to come on the scene: the drop crotch. We’ve all seen how men drop their pants, showcasing their preference of underwear. Apparently a droopy crotch is what the ladies are supposed to be loving. Ummm… count me in?

Now the drop crotch trend is sliding over to women’s fashion. This is absurd to me. I hate when my pants are slipping and sliding (which is pretty much every day that I am not wearing leggings). So, what do you think? Hot or not?

Does this really look comfortable? I'm leaning towards "no."

On a slightly different note. Fun Fact Friday: Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream", written in 1590, was the first recorded use of the word 'swagger'. 

Maybe drop crotch pants are the latest form of swagger. Just maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment