Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Mushy Holiday

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Just another excuse to fill our bellies with candy and chocolate hearts. I have always been a pretty big fan of the conversation hearts.


Along with many others, I really feel like Valentine's Day is a little silly. It's been said to be a "Hallmark holiday," which I tend to agree with. On the other hand, there is always a reason to celebrate!

As a kid, I remember being excited for Valentine's day. We would have a party in our elementary classrooms. It was always fun to swap Barbie and G.I. Joe Valentines. I would always lay out a pink, purple, and red outfit the night before. I guess I just wanted to be festive :-)

One of my favorite Valentine's Day memories is when I came home from school to find a single rose on my pillow. The card had my dad's signature. It's always nice to be thought of.

All mushiness aside, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment