Saturday, June 29, 2013

All Figured Out

In the mornings, I generally catch up on news (most The Today Show), blogs, and devotionals. There is usually a simple thought that sticks out in my mind and carries me throughout the day. Today I heard, "If we have it all figured out then we're probably doing it wrong." Yep, go ahead and ponder that for a minute.

Trust enough to move on.

There are a few elements of my life that are more content and "figured out" than others. But even then, I continue to learn and grow in order to make them better. I know that I am in the right profession, but do I have that figured out? Absolutely not. Like, not even close. Ha. I know that I am a follower of Jesus Christ, but do I continue to slip up and make mistakes. Definitely. Like, all the time. I know the importance of balancing my life, but I fall short there too. Newsflash: I'm human, and I don't have it all figured out.

So, what do we do with this? How do we handle the fact that we don't have it all figured out and never will? There are times when things start to fall into place, and then, like a domino effect, pieces start to crumble. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I have a bad life. Sometimes I just wonder, why? The fact is, we only see this moment. We can plan and try to figure things out through scheduling and guessing, but that will only take us so far. God's the only one that sees the big picture because He created that picture.

It's hard not to dwell on imperfections, past mistakes, and regrets, but it's imperative that we move on. We are not designed to see the whole picture; therefore, let go and let God.


Happy weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment