Sunday, June 30, 2013

Things That Make Me Happy

There are a few things that really set the tone for my day. In a perfect world, my favorite songs would play continuously and a good book would always find its way into my hands. If that were the case, I wouldn't appreciate them as much as I should.

For those of you who have seen The Sound of Music (and if you haven't, shame on you), just as Maria sings about her favorite things, I am going to write about mine.

Fresh flowers. I'm not hinting that someone should send me flowers. I just really love picking up a fresh batch of daisies or lilies from the local farmer's market. The scent and sight overwhelm me with smiles. 

A sweaty workout. I really enjoy creating workouts with intervals and circuits, and personally challenge myself to leave the gym dripping in sweat. Now that it is nice out, I have been running outside. On a hot summer day, there is nothing better than coming in from a sweaty run. 

Clean sheets. Or maybe just clean anything. One of the smallest luxuries in life is sliding into clean sheets after a long day. It might just be in my head, but I'm pretty sure I sleep better in fresh sheets.

Funny commercials. I especially love the AT&T commercials with the kids. I really just love hearing what comes out of kids' mouths. It's so pure and innocent. But those commercials just seem to get better and better.

Coffee shops. The atmosphere of a coffee shop is just uplifting. People always seem to be happy and positive. It doesn't matter if I'm sharing a cup of coffee with a friend or typing on my laptop, I am always smiling when I'm near a good barista. 

Being poolside. This summer I have been a bit of a pool rat. I'm not afraid to say that I love baking in the sun. I kind of forgot how much I love that sun-kissed summer look. It really doesn't get much better than that. 

I hope today finds you in the midst of your favorite things :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment