Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Making a Place a Home

 It was almost a year ago when I searching for an apartment to call my own. It really wasn't much of a process. I knew mine was right for me the moment I stepped in it. I felt comfortable and safe, which to me (and my parents) means the world. Signing my lease was just one more step towards becoming an "adult."

For some reason, I thought after I had an apartment everything else would fall into place. In many ways it did; however, the process has been longer than I anticipated. I know this may come as a surprise to many of you, but you have to have money to furnish an apartment. Crazy, huh?!? Learning how to budget and distinguish 'wants' from 'needs' has also been a process. There have been high and low points, but honestly, I feel pretty good about where I am.

With that said, for the past year I have been searching for pieces that will perfectly fit in my apartment. When it comes to furniture and decor, I do not generally make impulse buys. I will spend a lot of time shopping around, searching for perfect pieces that will complete a look. I wanted to share with you a few of my favorites that I have picked up along the way!


I discovered an amazing flea market not far from my place. I could spend hours there!


This cute little trunk was purchased at one of my mom's favorite shops!

Believe it or not, but I got this chair and end table at Gordmans! 

I'm slowing turning my place into a home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment