Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Few Simple Words

I am a reflective person. Sometimes this is a curse, causing me to over-think and even worry; however, it also helps me to stop and soak up the goodness in life. Yesterday, I tailgated with a bunch of friends and cheered on the Hawks to a victory! Whoop, whoop!! Once again, I was reminded how small of a world it really is. I had a few conversations with old friends, new friends, and acquaintances. It never seizes to amaze me how many wonderful people are in my life. I am continually reminded that people are good.

I had a conversation with someone that was a part of "another life." I don't talk to really any of those people anymore, which is funny because I used to spend so much time with them. It's incredible how people grow and grow apart. We talked about life and some of our mutual friends. I was touched by the fact that this person really seemed to care. He was attentive and didn't make it awkward. Without knowing, he shared kind words with me.

Another friend was walking by our tailgate, and she stopped to visit. It was so good to see her. She asked about a few things and said, "You seem stressed." I was surprised that she picked up on this, mostly because I didn't realize it was so apparent. I shared with her, and she listened. I'm thankful for her; I really don't see her enough.

The tailgate I was at was full of families... Cyclone fans (barf). Time and time again they welcome me with open arms. They never forget to invite me, and I feel comfortable with all of them. Yesterday, one of my friends simply said, "Well, you're already a part of the family." I smiled because I knew it was true, and I smile now as I remember.

All in all, I have done a pretty good job of "taking a step back" this weekend. After nine hours of sleep, I am ready to tackle the day. Happy Sunday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment