Friday, September 13, 2013

Taking a Step Back

I am not a huge fan of complaining. Saying, "I'm tired" or "Is it Friday yet?" all week long just doesn't do it for me. I try to counteract these comments with something positive or even a smile, but sometimes I can't help but want to shout, "Amen, sista!!" Well, this week was one of those weeks.

I'm not going to go into the details. That is far from professional, and I also don't need to rehash it all. I have survived, and that is all that matters. On my way home, after shedding a few tears to my mom, I realized that it is time to take a step back. This weekend school and any other troubling thoughts need to hang out on the back burner. While it is easy for me to shove my school bag in my office so I don't review lesson plans and grade papers, it's harder to allow my mind to rest. If only there was an "off" switch for certain thoughts and worries that make their way into my brain. At any rate, I'm going to do my best to tailgate with friends, enjoy the weather, and spend some time alone. I am not even going ot think about school until sometime Sunday afternoon.

As I prepare for my "taking a step back weekend," I began thinking about how important this really is. It's the same reason why people take vacations or even go on weekend get-a-ways. We all need a little time away from work, school, and even certain people. We are not designed to have our minds and bodies going on high gear all the time. I then started thinking about what the Bible says. God gave us the Sabbath for this very reason. He created humans and knows full well what we are capable of. It's important that we remember to take time off from the busyness of life. We need time to focus on Him and relax.

I hope you find yourself taking advantage of the weekend and remembering the importance of the Sabbath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment