Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just An Update

Week two at school was a success! To be completely honest, I have found myself overwhelmed with emotions lately. It's hard to put into words, but I am absolutely loving where I am in life. Even different aspects that often leave me feeling defeated are not bothering me. Sure, I have my moments, but for the most part, I am content.

This last week was kind of a whirlwind. Teaching is so complex for many reasons. As I spoke about a certain issue with one of my best friends, she mentioned, "If all you had to do was teach, it would be easy." Amen, sista!! The truth is, I am much more than just a teacher. I am there to act as a mentor. Life is not easy for a lot of kids. It's really not fair what so many of them have to deal with, and I take pride in being someone they can turn to for guidance. Each day, I am learning more and growing as a professional. I am becoming closer with my colleagues, and I am feeling more secure with myself. I am learning when to turn to others for help. I am more comfortable with my lessons and the content in my discipline. It's really a wonderful feeling.

Last night, I went to our football game. It was so fun and a great way to wrap up the week. We were playing our rival, and we brought home a victory and the traveling trophy :-) I sat with another teacher, and we chatted throughout the entire game. Some of my former students came by to say "hi." It was really great to lay my head on the pillow last night with a big smile on my face.

If you didn't already know, College Gameday is on and tailgating is taking place throughout the country. My Panthers are taking on ISU, and I am also cheering on the Hawkeyes today. Yay for long weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment