Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Day of School

Creative title, huh? After all the thinking I've been doing the past few days, I thought it would be best to keep it simple :-)

As I drove to school this morning, my mind was going in about seventy different directions. I was thinking about each class period. Did I have everything printed and in order? I started thinking about the upcoming weekend. My mind wandered to other obligations and responsibilities. Luckily, I was so tired last night that sleep wasn't an issue, so I was all rested up. It never fails though, each morning I feel like a scatterbrain as soon as I enter school. I'm running around thinking, "Oh my gosh, what am I teaching first hour?!?" Generally, things work themselves out, and before I know it, the day is over.

I won't get into too much detail, but I left school tonight feeling excited for the upcoming year. The dynamics of my classes are going to be much different. It will take some used to, but it will be a good way to keep me on my toes. It was nice to see so many familiar faces in my classes. I am so much more comfortable than I was last year (obviously). Hopefully this excitement can follow me throughout the school year.

To be totally honest, I am extremely tired. It was a good first day of school, and there is no doubt in my mind it will be a good night's sleep tonight as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment