Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Make It Your Own

I just wrapped up another day at school, preparing for the upcoming year. It's funny how I didn't actually end up doing what I went there to do. With that said, I feel like I was productive and did get some things accomplished. The truth of the matter is, I will never being fully prepared and that's okay :-)

On my way home, I chatted with my best friend as she was on a long car ride back home. She is going through some major transitions, and I listened as she expressed her feelings. Like many things in life, situations are bittersweet. We have to let some things go in order to move forward. We have to break out of our comfort zones in order to fully understand and appreciate ourselves. It really got me thinking about how important it is to take risks. While some of these risks may not seem like that big of a deal, they often prepare us for what is to come.


Over the past year, I have learned to stand on my own two feet. This isn't to say that I don't wobble every now and then. I know when to ask for help and when to take it on myself. People go through different things at various points in their lives, and it is unfair to compare ourselves to others. While we can look to others for guidance, it is nearly impossible to fully understand a situation until we have lived it ourselves.

As my best friend and I spoke, I thought about where I am teaching. It was a decision I made on my own. Yes, I asked friends and family for their opinions, but ultimately, I decided on my own. Nobody really understands this part of my life but me. I get it, and that is what matters right now. I needed to have this time on my own, otherwise I may have regretted it. This past year has strengthen me and given me confidence. There were times of struggle, but they have allowed me to become the person I am today. I would encourage everyone to find time to make something his or her own. You'll never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment