Saturday, September 28, 2013

Unanswered Prayers

Last week was filled with restless nights of sleep. There were a lot of reasons that contributed to this, but it was some time on Wednesday night that I literally asked God out loud, "How many times do I have to pray about this?" In the middle of my frustration, I finally fell asleep. I am amazed how much better situations seem to feel in the morning; however, that question continued to linger. 

I felt a little guilty about overreacting and questioning God's path. I know that things will work out according to His plan, but sometimes I feel impatient and confused. On Thursday morning, I read an email I received from my sister. She expressed some of the same concerns with prayer. She mentioned that she was trying to do everything right, but things still didn't seem to be going her way. Can I get an amen? As much as I wanted to give her an answer, I was at a loss of words. I could only console her by saying that we must be patient and some things simply take time. 

On my way home tonight, I heard the song "Unanswered Prayers." I thought about the words and all of the times I had asked God for something, only to not get it. In one way or another, it worked out - many times even better than I could imagine. It brought me back to the notion, "God's plan is much greater than anything I could ever dream." 

I continue to wait patiently in many aspects of my life. I am human, so this can be tough; however, I know the importance of trusting God. I know His great love, and I believe there are great things ahead of me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment