Monday, October 14, 2013

My Exciting 28th Birthday

That's right, folks... I'm the big 2-8! I thought I would share with y'all how I celebrated this monumental milestone.

Got together with a huge group of friends and raged all day and night.  Just kiddin' ;-) My day looked a lot more like this:

-- I hopped out of bed at 4:32 and hit up the treadmill for a quick 3 miles... I sniffled my way to and from, careful not to leave any snot on the gym equipment.

-- Turned on my pot of coffee as I headed to the shower and began my normal morning routine. I threw on my striped maxi skirt and trusty jean jacket. I was still feeling droggy from my weekend cold, so my hair was neatly placed in a low pony tail.

-- I drove my normal route to school and tried my best not to get distracted by the numerous "pings" that notified me of birthday Facebook posts. I silently thought through my classes and the lessons that were to unfold throughout the day.

-- School started just like every other morning. Kids were coming in my room saying, "Do we need our books?" and "I'm tired." My answers: "What are we doing? (blank stare) We're still reading 'The Pit and the Pendulum,' so the answer is 'yes,'" and "Maybe you should go to bed earlier... Just a thought." For some reason, they would rather slam seven Mt. Dews throughout the day. Sick.

-- School was pretty typical. No one really knew it was my birthday, and the head-cold I have been dealing with made me feel a little crabby. The things that I normally find funny were just slightly annoying. Oh well... that's life :-)

-- After school, I jetted to the tanning bed, followed by a quick trip to the drugstore for some Airborne.

-- Birthday dinner? Oh, you know... just some meatballs and peas. Of course, there may be some dark chocolate in my freezer that might sneak into my belly. I'm painting my nails a deep navy blue and thinking about that bottle of wine in my fridge. The only reason I haven't popped 'er open yet is that I might dip into some cold meds later that happen to contain codeine. Something tells me I shouldn't mix the two of them.

-- I'm hoping to end this glorious day with a relaxing night in sweatpants and a good book. I know it's pretty thrilling... don't be too jealous :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment