Monday, November 4, 2013

Setbacks as Opportunities

Yesterday I was lazy. After a full week and some fun with my family, I was ready to crash. At first, I was feeling pretty guilty about it. Was I missing out on something exciting? Should I be socializing? What I realized was that I needed a break. I needed to be away from people and get some good sleep. This morning, I woke up with energy but still a little apprehensive. I pushed myself to tackle my to-do list.

While I wasn't really in the mood for church, I knew it would be a good place for me. I actually ended up buying a book at the church bookstore and started working through it already. Between the sermon and the book, I decided that my attitude needs to change. We all find ourselves in a slump from time to time, but it is our choice to dig ourselves out of it. I've had a few personal setbacks, but I am choosing to use them as an opportunity to move forward. 


The minister this morning mentioned that "honesty characterizes healthy relationships." I feel like I am a pretty honest person; however, I don't know if I have been totally honest with myself. I have been ignoring the things that have been bothering me. In a sense, that is lying; that is being dishonest. 

Here is what I have concluded: I need to work on the relationships with myself. I need to be a better me. There are times when I am too hard on myself, and that is not always fair. I need to work on loving myself and taking better care of myself. What has 

No comments:

Post a Comment