Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Yea, But...

Excuses. I am not a fan. The fact is, there are consequences to your actions. There is no way to avoid that one; however, what about when it's not your fault? What happens when the situation is out of your control? Are excuses okay then?

The teacher in me says, "Nope."

The compassionate person in me says, "Oh, I'm sorry. Let's work through this together."

The annoyed person in me says, "Figure it out."

The world says, "I don't care."

The truth stings a little bit, doesn't it? The other day, I was having a conversation with someone that has had a very rough past. This person has been dealt a very unfair hand, and much of it is not his fault. In many ways, he's too young to have seen and heard these situations and conversations. As I heard this story, I wanted to offer hugs, words of encouragement, and even cut him a break. I thought more about it later and realized that this is not what he needs. The world doesn't care about his story. In other words, he needs to just move forward. While I believe that everyone's story does matter, this is not the view of the world. We are just people. We are all trying to work through something. We are all hurting in one way or another.

Life is not easy. Excuses won't make it better. Life can be hard. Accept this and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment