Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Right Teaching Track

Happy weekend!! Last week was pretty crazy. I'm a type-A person, so organization is generally my style; however, when it comes to teaching, I have learned to be flexible. There were a lot of different activities going on throughout the week, so I knew going into the week that I would just have to go with the flow.

As I was wrapping up fall conferences, I realized a few things.


I love what I do. My passion is teaching, and I genuinely care about each of my students. I listened to parents come in and share their stories and discuss issues with their kids. The other weekend, I talked to my mom about how much trust parents place onto their student's teachers. We are with their child more than they are; we may know more about their child than they do. Those parents trust our words. This is an amazing thing that I will probably never be able to wrap my head around.


I work with a lot of really great people. I feel comfortable talking to colleagues, parents, and students. I know that I am fully supported by administration and staff. There are times when I feel like the kids aren't learning and that I'm doing it all wrong. Just when I am losing self-confidence, someone is there with a great compliment to pick me up. All in all, I feel like I am doing what I need to do to as a teacher. There is so much to learn, but I know that I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment