Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cheerleaders

As the school year rolls on, I'm beginning to find my place. Each day I learn a new procedure, a new face. I've always been an advocate for lifelong learning and teaching others to realize that there are opportunities each day to grow. It's truly a blessing to have a hand in the education of others.

I've been thinking about the different roles people play in our everyday lives. Especially as a volleyball coach, I see how important each person is on a team. It's the same in the classroom -- even more so, in life. While it may be hard to see, the group wouldn't strive without each person fulfilling the duties in each role.

One of the most difficult roles to play is the cheerleader. You aren't necessarily in the spotlight and often get overlooked, but this role is crucial for success. Without the motivation coming from that cheerleader, there is a definite hole in the team. On the flip side, the cheerleader's job can be difficult in times of struggle. It's hard to stay positive when the going gets tough, but it's oh-so important.

I decided today would be a good day to acknowledge all the cheerleaders in my life. When is the last time you thanked a cheerleader?


No comments:

Post a Comment