Monday, September 1, 2014

Let's Get Personal

It seems as though recently I have been encountering people that are not followers of Christ. Obviously, not everyone I see each day has a personal relationship with Him; however, it has surprisingly come up in quite a few conversations lately. I feel like God is working through me to reach others, which is a little scary. It's evident that I don't have all the answers, but I do have strong feelings about my faith and love sharing it with others.

The idea that people have nothing to believe in seems very foreign to me. I have been wrestling with this idea of having nothing. I'm not talking about people that aren't Christians, but rather those that don't look towards anything at the end of the day. They attribute life successes to themselves, and when something goes bad, they chalk it up to karma or just having bad luck. As a Christian, I realize I can only love and respect them. And even more importantly, I can pray for them.

I was having a similar conversation with my best friend. She responded by saying that some people have times where they're lost and it just takes more time for them. Everyone is on a different path and must make these decisions individually.

"God enters by a private door into each individual." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Having a personal relationship with Christ is just that -- personal. No one can take it from you. No one can push you into it. No matter how many times you went to Sunday School as a child, it's still you're decision. It doesn't matter when it happens or what age you are. It's a personal decision and the best one I've ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment