Sunday, August 31, 2014

(No) Labor Day

What a gorgeous day! It's been so muggy lately, and I'm finally relaxing with the windows open. It's especially nice to enjoy a lounging Sunday after a day of college football festivities yesterday. Finally, it's starting to feel like fall.

My weekend began after a pretty great week at school. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new schedule filled with new classes and students. I'm still adapting to new procedures, but it truly feels like I have been teaching these kids for weeks. We are getting to know one another, and it reminds me that my job is awesome. Friday night after volleyball practice, I went to the football game with a friend. I am working on getting to know people and immersing myself in the community.

As I mentioned, I watched football with a bunch of friends yesterday. It was a long day, but we had a pretty good time; however, I woke up feeling tired -- both emotionally and physically. I made my way home and decided to go for a run to clear my mind. I started thinking about how important it is to take time to be alone and still. If I take a certain loop on my run, I end up under a tree overlooking the golf course. It's the perfect spot to pray and just soak it all in. Today, I especially needed to think a few things through.

On this Labor Day weekend, it's important that we all relax and enjoy moments of stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment