Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I Choose

I went to my classroom this morning to start organizing and preparing for the year. I was the only teacher there that I could tell. I may be jumping the gun a little, but I was feeling anxious to start putting my stamp on my classroom. I left feeling accomplished but also realizing that there is still quite a bit to do. With that said, I have a little over a month before school starts, so I've got time.

When I got back to my place, I was a little confused at how to spend my afternoon. Nap, lay around, walk around my apartment over and over? I knew that none of those things would make me feel productive. I needed to get out. I chose to hit up a cute little coffee shop in a nearby town. I'm kind of at a stand still when it comes to my school work, but it was necessary to get out. A good choice on my part.

Choices. I have been meditating on this a lot lately. I read a devotion by Max Lucado based on what we choose each day. Do we choose love or hate? Kindness or selfishness? Self-control or impulsive behavior? I started thinking about dark times in my life. How much of those times could have been changed if I would have made other choices? I realize that it's silly to dwell on the past, but sometimes that's where my mind takes me. I thought back to bad days. Could I have changed those days if I would have had a different attitude. The answer is yes. We choose how we respond to the events of the day. We choose as soon as we wake up. Each morning we have a choice to make. How will you spend your days?


No comments:

Post a Comment