Sunday, July 20, 2014

It's Always Beautiful

July is one of my favorite times in Iowa. Aside from the hot and humid weather, it's the peak growth season for the crops. The deep green corn accents the clear blue sky that is delicately polished with puffy white clouds. It reminds me of how beautiful life can be, even in a slow-paced and seemingly boring place like Iowa.

I live in a small town. Sometimes I wake up and wonder what I'm doing. Yesterday I was spending time with my brother and he made the comment that he couldn't believe I was living in such a small town. At first I wanted to question myself, and Mike must have sensed that because he quickly added that it was a great move for me. Why? Because I will no longer be commuting making it easier to connect with the community in which I teach. It's still summer, and it's hard for me to really see that, but once fall hits, I know it will be great.

As for now, I would like to really focus on the beauty of life right in front of me.




No comments:

Post a Comment