Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let It Be

As I drove home today, I couldn't help but realize how at peace I felt. Last week, I felt like a total fruit-loop. I was crabby and unsettled. The lack of sleep from a ticking mind truly impacted each moment of my days. I am happy to say that this week was a complete 180. School has gone so much smoother, and for some reason, I feel much more comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes it just takes a conversation with a friend or a change of heart to really put things into perspective. I am definitely much more at ease.

My grandpa sent me an email the other day which included, "God already knows everything about you and the situation. He's not asking your permission to proceed; rather, He is calling you to move forward with faith and obedience. He didn't make an error in choosing you for the task, but you will make a huge mistake if you refuse to do it."

I realized I was feeling on-edge last week because I was loosing confidence in myself, not only as a teacher, but in all aspects of my life. I started to pressure myself. I was bumming myself out about things I had no control over. Questioning and over-thinking was beginning to make me anxious. As I get older, I find this happens a lot around my birthday.


I used to find myself living in the past, leading me to regret and discouragement. I learned how to forgive and more forward. Now I struggle with living in the future. I forget who is in control, and I worry my little heart out. I need to remember to live for each day. In order to find peace and enjoyment in life, there are some things that I just need to let be.


No comments:

Post a Comment