Wednesday, October 3, 2012

School Picture Day

Tomorrow is school picture day. I have yet to lay out my outfit on the foot of my bed, but I'm sure I will get something worked out before I head out the door tomorrow morning. My mom suggested that I practice my smile in front of the mirror this evening. That will not be happening.

I don't know why I used to get so anxious over school pictures. I always packed a comb and  travel-size hairspray in my backpack in order to "primp" right before the snapshot. As I got older, my makeup bag was in hand along with my cold lunch and Algebra textbook. It would have been the end of the world if I couldn't reapply bronzer and mascara before entering the bright lights of the infamous large camera.

If I were to lay out all of my school pictures, you would see the aging process quite definitely. You would see my hair transformation, as I tried to grow out my bangs and eventually start adding highlights. You would also be privileged to see that my "awkward stage" lasted from 5th grade until my junior year. That, my friends, takes talent.

Tomorrow I will be sure to throw on my best blouse and smile from ear-to-ear. My fingers will be crossed in hopes that my school picture will not turn out like any of these:





No comments:

Post a Comment