Wednesday, November 14, 2012

On My Own

As the saying goes, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." This is a proactive approach when dealing with struggles and hardships; however, how many of us live by this? Truth be told, my saying would actually go something like this: "When the going gets tough, hide under a blanket and avoid people." Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this. I realize it's not mature or responsible of me, but I'd like to think the problems will just evaporate into thin air as I tuck my head into my down feather pillow.

I've been learning the hard way about a few struggles in my life. I won't go into detail, but I am finally recognizing the importance of asking for help and proactively changing aspects of my life. Changes are occurring by the second. Some we can control, while others are far out of our reach. Some are taking place within, and others we must learn to seek assistance from others in order to cope and become better.

Asking for help. Why is this such a difficult concept for me to grasp? It takes a lot of strength to ask for help, but for some reason I continue to view it as a weakness. Sometimes my hands are tied together and I still try to unwrap them on my own. I find myself looking more foolish and ridiculous tackling tasks that are too big for me. Some day I will learn that I am not only my own. In fact, I have a lot of people in my life that are on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment