Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Together As One

I was in bed long before the announcement of Obama winning the latest election. It was kind of strange because I had a very restless night of sleep. I may have actually been checking my phone in my sleep to see the results. Then, of course, there was a text from my sister, "OBAMA!" I have to say, I'm quite relieved. There was a little bit more unrest and uncertainty for the field of education with Mitt Romney. This morning, I watched Obama's speech. I got goosebumps and shed a few tears (What? I'm a softy). America is really an amazing nation.

Facebook and Twitter were dominated by people's political views over the past few days. It was starting to get a little overwhelming, but it made me start to think about what the next four years has in store. If people are so divided during an election, will they be able to come together to make the nation the best it can be? I truly believe that doing so is also a part of our duty as Americans. Being kind and respectful is more important than sharing our opinions. I hope we call all come together as one and realize that each voice not only counts, but it matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment