Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sundays

First of all, I'm alive. I feel off the map for a while, mostly because I wasn't feeling creative or real motivated to write. I realize much of my "life material" has been lacking. My days consist of teaching, which spills into many of my evenings. I have been doing a pretty good job of getting my work done at school so I can rest and relax at night; however, as I've mentioned before, my mind stays on school most of the time. With that said, as much as I want to write about the issues that arise while teaching, I know that it's not always professional to do so. I am really hoping my creative juices perk up because I miss writing.

As for today, I am lounging around and enjoying the last hours of the weekend. I was talking to a friend about Sundays. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this day of the week. I realize it is supposed to be the day of rest. For me, I have fallen into the routine of attending church, followed by grocery shopping and a movie. I love running errands and getting myself prepared for the week, but sometime around mid-afternoon I start to feel uneasy. It may be because I begin to feel anxious about the upcoming week. I used to spend Sundays with friends and family. While I have the option of doing that now, I often find myself alone on Sundays. Sometimes it's nice to not answer my phone and submerge myself in the thoughts floating in my brain, but that often leaves me worrisome and anxious. I just need to find a balance where I feel okay with myself.

I will admit that I am perfectly content being alone today. I am not interested in talking to anyone. I will get around to taking the trash out when I feel like it. I have no issue wearing sweats and slipping on my glasses as I sink into my couch for another Lifetime movie.

My thoughts exactly today.
I'm gearing up for another week. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away. I'm getting excited to spend some time with my family! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment