Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What to Wear

Not too long ago, one of my students asked, "Is your second job shopping? Because you never wear the same clothes twice." This may sound pathetic, but the comment actually made my day. Maybe it wasn't even meant to be a compliment, but I surely took it as one. For the record (Mom), I have worn my outfits more than once.

Days later, I was having a conversation with one of my classes about how I generally plan out Sunday night what I will wear each day of the following week. Crazy? Perhaps, but I just like to know what clothes need to be clean and when. Obviously, I change my mind all of the time. It's not like I write it out in my planner. I just find comfort knowing all of my ducks are in a row.

In high school, many of my friends and I would plan to wear "sweats" on Wednesdays. I use that term loosely because we were all showered with hair and makeup in place. Most of the time we wore yoga pants and cute sweatshirts, so we hardly looked "dressed down." Of course, Fridays were set aside for "Friday outfits." For some reason we wanted to look the best at the end of the week. Dressing to impress the same kids we saw every other day of the week may have been silly, but our moods were boosted as we sported those "Friday outfits."

This afternoon I texted one of my friends asking if it was time to start thinking about the weekend. I mean, it is almost Wednesday. After making tentative plans with a few friends, I ran across an article on MSN about how women have their Saturday night outfits planned by Wednesday afternoon. I about died... how funny! Apparently I'm not the only person out their thoughtfully considering what I'll slip into this weekend... even if it is lounge wear for a movie night.

I realize by writing this I seem a tad shallow, and maybe even pathetic, but I don't really care. The fact is, I'm not alone. Will you at least just humor me into thinking I'm not alone on this issue?

I bet y'all are thinking about what you are wearing to work tomorrow right now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment