Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Happy Age

The other day I was sitting around with a couple of seniors. We were just chatting about college, the future, and the expectations that they have. I remember being in that same boat and dreaming about all that the future held. One kid said to me, "I think I'll be okay at college." I probably looked at him funny because my only thought was, "Of course you will." I explained to him and the others that high school is not the best time of your life. It's all a part of the journey.

On one of my commutes to school this week, I was listening to talk radio. The people were talking about age and "figuring out" life. Someone shared that their best age has been 50. Everyone thinks that their 20s are the time of your life, but it's also a very messy time. I find that to be true. Yes, I'm young. I am in a selfish stage as I continue to work on the kinks. The funny thing is, as soon as I have one thing figured out, something else seems to be blocking me from happiness. For me, this is a confusing time. I'm striving to figure things out. Until then, I'm just living one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment