Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It All Comes Full Circle

When I woke up today, it felt like summer. I didn't sleep well because I had a lot of things on my mind, but I realized in my restlessness that it didn't really matter. Realistically, I can nap all day. Jealous? Don't worry; I'll be bored by Thursday.

One of the things on my mind is our upcoming 10 year class reunion (which I am in charge of). It really won't be a huge hassle, but I want to make sure it's done right. As I pondered the details, I couldn't help but think how things come full circle. Two weekends ago, I was watching my senior students walk across their stage. I am so proud of them, and it is one of the neatest parts of being a teacher. I thought back to my HS graduation. Did my teachers feel the same way? I'm pretty certain they did, and now I get it. I am a part of those teachers that help transform students. I get to leave imprints on students, just as my teachers did for me.

Another item on my to-do list is my living arrangements for next year. This summer is going to be filled with transitions, and if you know anything about me, I'm not a fan of this. I like schedules and knowing what's next, but that's not what life is all about. I am going to be moving to a new area, teaching at a new school, and finding a new normal. Part of me Most of me is very excited about this, while another part is slightly anxious. I know these are all "normal" feelings, but they are still pretty evident.

The day I left my old school, I mailed the signed contract back to my new school. Once again, it all comes full circle. Life is about changes, and that is the best part!

P.S. Why is it humid already? Oh, Iowa, how I did miss your summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment