Saturday, May 17, 2014

Lazy Day

Welp, today has been really lazy. For some reason, I just couldn't motivate myself. Normally, this would bother me, but I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed lounging and watching HGTV for the majority of the day. (I did make it to spin/kickboxing class this morning too.)

Tomorrow is my school's graduation ceremony. I am excited for this year's seniors, and I will miss them a lot next year. Overall, they are a great group of kids, and I was happy to have them the last two years. The end of the year is stressful and emotional, which I believe is why I'm so tired today.

With all of that said, I have some news to share. I have accepted a job at a new school that will be closer to my friends and family. It's a bigger district, and I am excited for all of the positive changes that are about to take place. It hasn't all hit me yet, but when I think about the future, I start to smile. It is bittersweet as I leave my first school, but mostly sweet. I'm ready to grow personally and professionally.

The interviewing and worrying that has come along with not knowing has definitely added to the stress of the last few weeks. I truly think I will sleep for five days straight when the year is over. (Our last day is Thursday!) I am hoping to spend a lot of the summer with the people that matter most to me. I also hope to work on my self-esteem and body image. It's going to be a good summer.

As for my eating today... it was okay. I laid around and snacked my way through the day. Saturdays are hard for me. I long for structure, but I know that I am a work in progress!

Cheers to a lazy day!

Oh, and cheers to the class of 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment