Friday, May 23, 2014

New Beginnings

Yesterday was my last day teaching at my current district. To be honest, it was much more difficult than I had expected. It was filled with kind words, many hugs, and a few tears. As I drove away in my car for the last time, I felt appreciated and touched by all of those that I left behind.

Last night I was beyond exhausted. I also felt a little lost (probably because I was so tired). I started to wonder about how I was going to fill my time this summer and what goals I wanted to set for myself. All the while, my mind kept bouncing back to my students. I really will miss them a great deal.

After a pretty good night's sleep, I made my way to the gym for a sweaty workout. I just finished up getting my nails and hair done. (I'm spoiling myself.) As always, my hair stylist and I chatted away. As she finished up giving me a new look, she said, "New hair for new beginnings!" I couldn't have said it better myself. This summer is going to be full of new beginnings. For some reason I woke up with a new outlook on things. I'm still feeling a little tired, so I plan on resting this weekend.

This post is a little disorganized, but I really didn't know where I wanted to go with it. All I can say right now is, here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment