Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Last Day Eve

I'm sitting in my classroom on eve of the last day of school. Not only is it the last day of school for the year, but it is my last day at my current district. I have everything packed up, which I was reluctant to do, mostly because I didn't want the kids to think I wanted to scoot out the door as soon as possible. The truth is, I am going to miss them the most. I have spent the past two years getting to know them, and we are comfortable with one another. They can sense all the changes, and it's going to take some adjusting to next year. But, life is about change.

I'm not sure how tomorrow will go. I'm sure it will be a mixture of emotions, but overall, it will be bittersweet. Bitter because I will be leaving people that I care about. Sweet because I'm really looking forward to the future. I definitely have the sense that it is time to move on.

As I embrace the last day, I want to take in each class period. I want to soak it all in -- every conversation, every laugh, every memory. This school will always be very special to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment