Monday, September 17, 2012

An Early Halloween

I consider myself to being a pretty modest dresser, not just because I am a teacher, but because I am a respectable human being. I try not to look like a nun; however, you will probably never see me parading around braless or in cheekie shorts. It's just not my thing...

At school, we have this thing called a dress code. I know it's hard to believe, but many of the students try to bend the rules. You know, a spaghetti strap here, a ripped up pair of jeans there. Let's just say, it can get a little out of control at times. Recently, the issue is focused on the length of shorts. To be honest, this does not really bother me, mostly because I realize how hard it is to find shorts that are the "appropriate" length. You step into Hollister or American Eagle and it's nearly impossible to find shorts with longer than 2 inch inseams.

Where I do have a problem is on the top half. Like, cover those girls up! I cannot believe the amount of cleavage making it's way up and down the halls. I guess the girls don't feel uncomfortable, but I am beginning to wonder if they have forgotten about their male teachers. If I feel weird, then I can't imagine how they are feeling.

This weekend I was in Iowa City tailgating with my brother and watching my Panthers. After the game, we made our way downtown, and it was like an early Halloween. Girls were wearing... well, not much. I couldn't stop staring. Like... I don't even have words right now.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Exactly.
I'm going to throw on an oversized sweater and baggy sweatpants... goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment