Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Forbidden Territory

There is one room in my apartment that will never agree with me. The kitchen. I don't know what it is, but I tend to burn, overcook, undercook, and basically destroy any attempted dish. This morning I wanted to make a two-ingredient pancake, a recipe that I read on a blog. It turned out a big pile of mush, and I'm pretty sure I ate raw eggs for breakfast.

After a refreshing hike/jog at a nearby state park this afternoon, I was feeling the need for a little snack. The chocolate and ice cream that I was craving was no where to be found, so I opted for some popcorn. As I proceeded to open the bag, I found half of the burnt to a crisp. I can't think of much worse than the smell of burnt popcorn floating through the air. Ugh.

Looks like I'll be feasting on cereal, turkey sandwiches, and soup for the rest of my life. I don't think I can screw those up too badly.

Ahhh... exactly.
Boy am I glad I picked up some sushi from Trader Joe's this afternoon. At least I have some supper to look forward to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment