Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gal Pals

I got off the phone with a girlfriend the other evening. We had a serious venting session based on various topics. Honestly, I'm not even sure either one of us cared what we were talking about; we simply wanted to complain and swear. It's not that we are crabby gals, but we just needed to get a little bit of that garbage out in the open. Sometimes after a bitch-session I feel guilty; however, it was refreshing. Even if my friend didn't agree with me, she was on-board with everything I was saying. It's kind of like turning to a friend and saying, "Who are we mad at today?" Good friends are always on your side (I suppose there could be an exception or two).

On my way home today, I felt like talking to someone. I realized that the person that would really understand my mood was busy. I got to thinking about all of my close girlfriends. They all serve a different purpose in my life.

There's the gal pal I call if I need to clear my head and forget about everything. We often go out to a sports bar or even dancing. She's the girl that always wants to laugh and have a good time. There's nothing better than cutting loose and belly laughter!

I also have my teacher friends. They understand the ins and outs of the school system. We vent and share stories of our students (in confidence, of course). We send and receive loads of advice from one another. There is no way I could live without these girlies.

My heart-to-heart best friend. She is the one that knows me better than I know myself. She knows when to give advice and when to let me learn and grow on my own. She listens, loves, and cares more than I deserve. I don't know what I would ever do without this very special, life-long friend.

Of course there are the shopping buddies, the workout friends, my accountabilities buddies, and the list goes on. I find many of my girlfriends placed in every category of my life. I am very fortunate and blessed to be surrounding with so many wonderful, beautiful gal pals :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment