Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Can You Taste It?


Before I left for Haiti, my mom encouraged me to “savor every moment.” This stuck with me as I made a point to slow down and take it all in. So often we are moving so fast, constantly consuming the world. When is the last time you stopped to really taste your surroundings?

There was a time in my life where I longed for something more exciting. It was almost as if I was embarrassed of the mundane. I thought I needed to at least want and dream for an extravagant lifestyle. After a conversation with my brother, I realized that even the silly and quirky parts of our lives are what make us who we are; they are the parts that bring us together. These comforts that we often overlook are just as important to savor as the big events and expensive trips.

Savor this day. For it could be the time of your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment