Friday, March 23, 2012

My Poser Confession

I realized something this morning: I am not a real coffee drinker. In order for me to devour that cup of joe, it has to be made a certain way. Iced (so the coffee is just a little bit diluted), a shot of sugar-free syrup (for added sweetness), a little bit of skim milk (so I can promise my mom I'm getting some calcium), and oh yeah, I prefer it is the flavored blend. So you tell me. Am I really drinking coffee?
poser 1 |ˈpōzər|: noun
a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.
I, Anna Nelson, am a coffee poser. I have tried time and time again to really enjoy that hot java, but I'm just too picky. The bitter taste of strong coffee just doesn't slide down my throat the way it does for those coffee connoisseurs. If fact, in the morning I would much rather reach for a hot cup of tea. So there you have it. I'm a coffee poser. 

Tea and crumpets?
TGIF peeps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment