Monday, March 19, 2012

Fashionable, But Not Late

I'm an American... born and raised. I enjoy a warm slice of "homemade" apple pie. You can find me doing the whole baseball gig in the summer, as I munch on a hot dog doused in ketchup. I even cruise around in a Chevy. "And, I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..." (That was me singing).

How do I really know that I am an authentic American? I'm never late. I know Justin Bieber suggests that we "Never Say Never," but I'm pretty confident with my promptness. I literally can remember one time I overslept. I'm not trying to rub it in to those of you that run on your own clock; I actually commend you. I will never be able to make a grand entrance as I arrive to the party fashionably late.

Sometimes I try to be late. I wait an extra ten minutes before applying mascara; I clean up the kitchen before painting my nails; I stop at a gas station for a bottled water and Trident. Even after all of these stalling activities, I still find myself knocking on the door right on time.

It was always a running joke between my friends that I would be in charge of getting the table at a restaurant. I could have already sipped on three drinks and downed an entire appetizer before the rest of my party even gets there. I really need to learn to be late.

The best part of this quality is that I am never late for work. Calling all potential employers: I am NEVER late. I just like to get in the working mode before the day actually begins. There is nothing worse than feeling rushed all day long.

I will always try by best to be fashionable, but I'm sure I will never master the art of being late.

I hope y'all had as great of a weekend as me! Enjoy the beautiful weather :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment