Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sign Me Up!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

My best friend, Katherine, is an excellent runner. If I said that to her, so would modestly decline the compliment, but it is true. While my legs take a little bit longer to get there, I am glad that we are able to share our love of running and fitness.

I have ran in multiple 5K races, but beyond that, I have steered clear of signing up for anything much longer. Katherine asked me the other day if I was going to run the Dam to Dam race (June 2nd in Des Moines). In recent years, it hasn't fit my schedule; however, this year I can say, "Sign me up!" That's right, I will be running a half marathon this summer! I am excited to be challenging myself, but a little nervous as well.

I run pretty much every day, but never more than five or six miles. In order to get my mind and body prepared for the run, I have started a training program from SmartCoach. The long runs seem a little daunting, but I know I can do it.


I've heard that Dam to Dam is extremely fun as you run through the streets of Des Moines. While I'm not quite sure what I signed up for, I'm glad I get to share this great experience with Katherine and other friends :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment