Monday, April 9, 2012

Decluttered Weekend

This morning I am feeling a little bit sluggish after the weekend. Lots of laying around and relaxing sometimes leaves me feeling unmotivated. However, my whole weekend was not full of Easter bunnies and chocolate candies, I actually did some major decluttering of all of my things. I moved out of the town I have lived in for over eight years, and it felt so good! I think my mom thought I would be much more sentimental, but I was beyond ready for the move. I am ready for the next step in my life. 

On Saturday afternoon, my mom and I spent some time looking through old boxes of school papers, pictures, and other odds and ends. We had quite a few laughs as we found old notes written by my sister and pictures from various events throughout our lives. It was therapeutic to "throw out" parts of my life that were painful and have been long over. 

The best part was going through a box full of my sister's school papers. We found a story she wrote about receiving her nickname and a peculiar picture of her looking like a monster. Honestly, I cannot put this into words. It was just... hilarious. At any rate, my mom and I were in tears from laughter. 


As I smile about this today, I am reminded how good it feels to declutter, and how laughing during the process is even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment