Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What Are You Wearing?


I have convinced myself that perfume just doesn’t ‘stick’ on me. There are people that you can smell as they breeze on past. Then there is me; it doesn’t matter how many squirts I put on, because I just never get that luscious scent.

Yesterday I was proven wrong. I was subbing for a third grade classroom. One of the other teachers stopped me at recess to ask, “What are you wearing?” I was a little shocked, mostly because I didn’t ‘waste’ a puff of my Viva La Juicy on any nine-year-olds. All I had put on that morning was coconut lotion from Victoria’s Secret. She continued on, “Jamie* told me she was asking you questions because you smelled so good, and she wanted you to come over to her desk!”

I guess the way to smellin' like a lady isn’t $85 worth of Victoria Beckham’s latest scent after all. So why do I keep buying it? In hopes that some day it will ‘stick.’ 

*name changed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment