Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tab, Tab, Tabby

It drives me crazy when people claim to have ADHD because they "get easily distracted." If you find yourself watching the huge bird that flies in front of your windshield or walk into your kitchen and forget what you were looking for, it's really not that strange. I'm sorry, but this doesn't mean that you need to be diagnosed or start popping pills left and right.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am fully aware that ADD and ADHD are very real to those that are clinically diagnosed. In fact, I have a soft spot for those that have to deal with this on a daily base. I cannot image what it would be like to cope with such distractions. I just feel like people overuse the term for some reason or another.

The fact is, we are all easily distracted. As I type this blog post, I have five tabs open on my browser. My mind has been spinning in about seventy different directions this week, and my internet use clearly shows every direction my thoughts seem to wander. Currently, I'm looking at the news, reading about Missy Higgins (random), listening to music on Pandora, and checking out apartments. Wowza! I will not claim to have ADD; I simply just have a mind that is working overtime. Maybe this weekend my poor brain will have a chance to relax. Until then, I continue to have too many tab, tab, tabbys open.

Thankful Thursday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment