Thursday, April 12, 2012

Who Let the Dogs Out


First off, this post is going to be quite ridiculous. Sometimes I allow my mind to wander off into unknown, even silly places. A kid at heart, I believe that’s what they would call me.

When I was in high school, the song “Who Let the Dogs Out” started playing on the radio. Being that my school mascot was a bulldog, this was too perfect. While we rolled our eyes when people made references to the song, we secretly loved that it became our anthem.

We used to have school dances after every home football game. Everyone came in their bulldog attire, ready to shake our tail-feathers while pretending like we were dancing queens. Of course, we all hoped the football players would pull off a victory. Not only to showcase a good record, but winning meant happy football players that would hopefully attend the dances (nudge, nudge).

I remember one Friday night, my girlfriends and I hooted and hollered as “Who Let the Dogs Out” came on. We were so cool, huh? It was all in good fun.

What brought about this memory? Well, I found this online the other day:

Funny, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment