Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Popcorn Problems


I love popcorn. I love it in the theatre. I love it for dinner. I love it with M&Ms. The other night I sat down with my mom to chow down on those little kernels. I realized that I have zero manners when I have a bowl of popcorn in front of my face. Wow. I was shoving it in as if I hadn’t eaten in thirty days.

Now, there are just a few problems when it comes to popcorn. First of all, it gets to be a tad messy at times. You think that it’s getting into your mouth until you stand up. Then, for some reason kernels are flying all over the place. I usually find myself wondering if I actually ate any of it. I’m not really into dousing popcorn with salt and butter, but that always adds another dimension of messy into the mix.

Then there is the issue with my teeth. I feel like I have kernels stuck in my teeth for days after I devour a bag of Orvill Redenbacher. It doesn’t matter how careful you are, there always seems to be a great need for toothpicks and dental floss.

The biggest popcorn problem is that there just never seems to be enough. I’m shoving my face and reaching into the bowl for more when I realize that I’ve reached the bottom. In my opinion, popcorn should be an endless supply – a bottomless bowl of yumminess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment