Friday, April 13, 2012

Eat Cake

"You can't have your cake and eat it too." It's a common saying, and honestly, I don't understand. Who says you can't? I mean, how often do you make cake and not eat it? Hear me out.

Let's say you bake a cake for your best friend's birthday. You go to the party; you pin the tail on the donkey; everyone spin's the bottle (depending on what kind of party it is). Then comes time to cut the cake, and you don't eat it? I don't think so! You dive right in along with the other guests. If there is a wild hair in your a**, you may even prefer it al la mode.

I've got your wheels spinning and your mouth watering... I can just tell.

Here's my thought: I believe that everyone should be able to have cake and eat every last bite. In fact, you can even pig out until your pants burst. Figuratively and literally.

On the radio the other day I heard someone talking about how people rarely pray for miracles. They stick to 'the basics' that seem possible on a daily basis. Why do we do this? Why don't we shoot a little higher?

From here on out, I am planning on baking my cake (probably marble or confetti), patiently waiting to frost it, and then eating it... piece by piece. People, let's eat cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment