Sunday, August 12, 2012

All Moved In

Yesterday was a BIG day. With the help of some great family members, I moved into my apartment!

I have moved quite a few times in the past, so it's really nothing new to me. I know what pieces to move strategically for the most efficient move. With this being said, I hate moving. How many people do you know that have said, "I love moving my crap from place to place"? Exactly. No one.

From my perspective, yesterday's move went rather well. My place is on the third floor, which left my body a little bit sore this morning. I'm sure it was from the couch that my dad and I maneuvered up and around the stairs. I must say though, I think we did a pretty good job, aside from the quarts of sweat that fell off my back. TMI? Sorry?

After everything was in my place, my parents and I decided to take a break over a few McDonald's hamburgers. We thought through what other necessities that would make my apartment more of a home. The mood was light and we enjoyed one another's company. I was very thankful for this because past moving experiences have been quite stressful.


My dad headed home to golf with a buddy, while my mom and I started to set my place up. We had a great time pulling things out of boxes, figuring out where to put pictures and mounds of clothes, and laughing along the way. Honestly, the whole day was just... good.

My mom headed for home, and I was off to Fareway to get some groceries for the week. I showered and realized that it was going to be a lonely night. Not because I was alone, but because I had nothing to do (cable and Internet are not set up yet). I pulled myself together and headed over to a friends' place. It was nice to chat with girlfriends. I am very fortunate for the wonderful people that have come into my life recently. It just makes me smiley and excited.

As I woke up this morning, I decided to make up my favorite coffee drink and sit on my balcony. I was sure to throw on my biggest UNI sweatshirt and savor the quiet before the madness of the school year. I feel so at home already. I am settled and happy :-)

Thanks to anyone and everyone that has helped - physically, financially, prayerfully. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment